80 Series Selection:
|Name: 82936A ROM Drawer|
|Product Number: 82936A|
|Original Price: $45|
|Catalog Reference: 1981, page 622|
Pluggable ROM drawer for 80 Series computers. Enhanced functionality (language extensions, I/O capability) for 80 Series machines was available through pluggable ROMS. These ROMS included:
- 00085-15001. ($145) HP-85 mass storage ROM, required for the 85A to interface with disc drives. The 85B had this ROM built in.
- 00085-15002. ($145). For interfacing HP-85 with graphics plotters and printers.
- 00087-15002. ($145). For interfacing 86/87 with graphics plotters (printer commands are built in to the 86 and 87.
- 00085-15003 and 00087-15003. ($295). Input/output ROM for HP-85 and 86/87 with BASIC language extensions allowing connection to a variety of devices.
- 00085-15004 and 00087-15004. ($145). Matrix ROM for HP-85 and 86/87. Provides matrix and vector capability.
- 00085-15005 and 00087-15005. ($145). Advanced Programming ROM for HP-85 and 86/87 with BASIC language extensions for increased capability.
- 00085-15007 and 00087-15007. ($295). Assembler ROM for HP-85 and 86/87. Adds assembly language programming capability.
- 00087-15011. ($295). MIKSAM (Multiple Indexed Keyed Sequential Access Method) ROM for 86/87 with 13 additional BASIC instructions for enhanced file management.
- 00087-15012. ($295). Electronic Disc ROM for 86/87. Enables the use of RAM to emulate a floppy disc. Electronic disc is built into the HP-86B
©2004 - 2020 BGImages Australia - All Rights Reserved.
The HP Computer Museum and BGImages Australia are not affiliated with HP Inc. or with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Hewlett Packard and the HP logo are trademarks of HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This website is intended solely for research and education purposes.