98x5 Computers Selection:
|Name: 9845B/C ROMs|
|Division: Desktop Computer Division|
|Original Price: Unknown|
|Catalog Reference: Does not appear|
The 9845B/C carried its operating system ROMs on internal PCBs inside the computer. It also had an 8-slot drawer on each side of the computer to house pluggable option ROMs (green ROMs on the left, black ROMs on the right). The ROMS included:
- Graphics (Opt 311), 98411A; 09845-65517,
- Enhanced Graphics (for use with the 98780 monitor); 98780-65501,
- I/O (Opt 312), 98412A; 09845-65518, 09845-65519,
- Mass Storage (Opt 313), 98413A; 09845-65516,
- Advanced Programming (Opt 314), 98414A; 09845-65521,
- Structured Programming, 98415A ($525); 09845-65528,
- Basic Data Comm (Opt 317), 98417A ($500); 09845-67965,
- RJE Bisync Data Comm (Opt 318), 98418A ($500); 09845-67986,
- IMAGE/45 ROMs, 98429A ($3,000); 09845-65526, 09845-65527,
- Assembly Language Execution and Development (Opt 439), 98439A; 09845-65525,
- Assembly Language Execution (Opt 438), 98438A; 09845-65524,
- Test ROM, 09845-65520,
The part number for the black IMAGE/45 ROM is the same as the part number for the 128 KB RAM board (09845-65526).
©2004 - 2017 WordSong Communications Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
The HP Computer Museum and Wordsong Communications Pty. Ltd. are not affiliated with HP Inc. or with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Hewlett Packard and the HP logo are trademarks of HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This website is intended solely for research and education purposes.