|Address: 8000 Foothills Blvd, Roseville California|
|Overhead of HP Roseville Campus|
In 1979, parts of the Data Systems Division moved from Cupertino into a 65,000 square foot leased facility in Roseville. This part of the business was involved in the development of interfaces and networking products for HP 1000 systems. The operation also manufactured DSD measurement and control products (like the 2240A and 2313B). This operation became the Roseville Division (RVD) in 1980. RVD became the Roseville Networks Division (RND) in 1983. RND had responsibility for SRM networking among HP 9000 computers.
In August of 1983, most of the 200 Series DIO interfaces were transferred from the Fort Collins Systems Division to RND.
RND also made network and communication interfaces for 500 and 300 Series computers.
RND made the CIO interface cards used with 500 Series and 800 Series computers. In July of 1986, RND introduced HP’s 28645A ThinLAN hub. In November of 1986, RND introduced StarLAN, HP’s first twisted-pair wiring LAN products. The original StarLAN hub was the 27212A.
In April of 1987, Carolyn Ticknor became the general manager of the Roseville Networks Division.
In October of 1989, Larry Mitchell became the site general manager of the multi-entity Roseville site.
Employment in Roseville peaked at 6,000 in 2001 before declining to 2,500 in 2014.
| Back |^ TOP
©2004 - 2018 BGImages Australia - All Rights Reserved.
The HP Computer Museum and BGImages Australia are not affiliated with HP Inc. or with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Hewlett Packard and the HP logo are trademarks of HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This website is intended solely for research and education purposes.